Pre-Paid Tuition Policy
Charleston Catholic High School requires that total tuition charges for the school year must be paid on or before June 15. Late charges of $1.00 per day after June 15 will be added to the total tuition bill or subtracted from any credit on record in the school for the upcoming school year. For new students registering between June 15 and August 11, the total tuition is due within two weeks of acceptance into the school.
Tuition Loan Program
For our families’ convenience, CCHS offers the “Tuition Loan Program” through Peoples Bank. These loans, while arranged through the school, are direct loans made by the bank to school families. The interest rate is 5.5% and the bank will grant loans for all or part of the tuition and fees. The loan is repaid directly to Peoples Bank in ten monthly installments.
Parents wishing to arrange loans must contact Brent Moles at Peoples Bank, by phone at (304)340-3000, or in-person at Peoples Bank, 201 Pennsylvania Ave. N, Charleston, WV, by June 2, 2023, to pick up the application and arrange for submission and signing of the loan documents.
The Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston offers need-based tuition assistance to Catholic families having children enrolled in Catholic schools. Applications for this aid must be submitted online at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid by April 30, 2023. For the first time, the second round of awards will be open to all families. Applications must be submitted online by July 31, 2023.
Catholic families needing financial aid are encouraged to meet with their pastors to request tuition assistance from their parishes.
Any other families who need assistance or have questions about paying tuition should contact Sherry Shindle at (304)342-8415.
Hope Scholarship Recipients
Incoming families who have been awarded the Hope Scholarship by the West Virginia Treasurer’s Office must submit a copy of their authorization letter to Mrs. Shindle with their tuition payment. This information will allow the account to reflect the proper balance due.
Tuition Refund Policy
Tuition is charged until the day a signed withdrawal form is completed by the parents and submitted to the office. Fees will not be refunded.
For purposes of refunding tuition, the following schedule applies for students withdrawing during the first semester:
- Students withdrawing from the school prior to the first day of school will be charged a $200.00 administrative fee per child, unless the family is leaving the Charleston area, in which case an administrative fee of $200.00 per family will be charged.
- Students withdrawing from the school on or before September 22 will be charged a daily rate (annual tuition divided by 180 days) plus a $200.00 administrative fee.
- Students withdrawing after September 22 but before October 20 will be refunded 25% of the tuition paid for the first semester, 100% of the tuition paid for the second semester, less a $200.00 administrative fee.
- Students withdrawing from the school after October 20 but before the end of the first semester will not receive a tuition refund for the first semester, but will receive a full refund for tuition paid toward the second semester, less a $200.00 administrative fee.
The second semester tuition refund policy is as follows:
- Students withdrawing from the school on or before January 26 will be charged a daily rate for the second semester plus a $200.00 administrative fee.
- Students withdrawing after January 26 and on or before February 16 will be refunded 25% of the tuition paid for the second semester less $200.00 administrative fee. No tuition refunds will be granted after February 16.
Students who are asked to withdraw from the school will be refunded 100% of the balance of their tuition from the date of withdrawal, calculated on a daily rate (annual tuition divided by 180 days), less a $200.00 administrative fee.
Tuition Rates for the 2023-2024 School Year*